Our client called:
- "I want something to monitor my application!"
- "Ok, let's use JMX, we have plenty of stats exposed there already."
- "Fine, but I want something fancy!"
- "Ok, let's install Graphite, take a look at screenshots!"
- "Excellent! Use our testing CentOS machine for this."
- "Ok, erm... wait, nooooo! We have no root access there, there is no internet access and we can't install anything!!!"
- "(hangup click)"
There I was, standing alone, looking for help...
- My scenario:
- no internet access
- only user account, no root account
- gcc and make installed
- some libraries missing
- no development packages for installed libraries
- My goals:
- install libraries to $HOME
- install Graphite and stuff to $HOME/graphite
It took me a few days, but I've managed to install Graphite locally. Here is a gist for a sake of documentation and for others that may need it.